Saturday 29 September 2012

SOUTH STEYNE on the Australian Register of Historic Vessels


An indication of the historical importance that Australians place on the SOUTHSTEYNE is shown by the fact that she is now on the Australian Register of Historic Vessels and this should also means that she will be kept up to a good standard of condition and maintenance which should mean that this fine old ship will be around for a lot longer yet.

SS SOUTH STEYNE at her berth in Sydney Australia



The photograph above is from the curator of the Historical Ships Register in Australia, a country that values it’s maritime heritage as the only means of getting there prior to around 50 years ago was by ship of course.


For more information visit the Australian Register of Historic Vessels



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello I amm so grateful I found your web site, I really found
yoou by error, while I was researching on Aol for something else, Anyhow
I am here noow and would just like tto say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round interesting
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have
time to look over it alll at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time
I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great b.


Take a look at my page Douglassville PA